Over the past 10 years, more than 50 young people aged 30 and under were murdered violently by assailants who targeted them because they did not fit stereotypes for masculinity or femininity, according to a report issued by the Gender Public Advocacy Coalition (GenderPAC), Washington, D.
What does GenderPAC stand for?
GenderPAC stands for Gender Public Advocacy Coalition
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Generalitat de Catalunya (government of Catalonia, Spain)
- Gruppo di Studio di Genetica Clinica della Società Italiana di Pediatria
- General Company
- Generation Company (Pakistan)
- Generalized Coding (Graphics Communications Association)
- General Contracting and Communications
- Genomic Computation (Gencom, Inc.)
- Geneva Convention
- General Electric Neutron Devices
- General Departments
- General Detail
- Groupwise ENDF
- General Dynamics
- General Electric Nuclear Energy
- Geriatric Emergency Nursing Education (nursing)
- Global Education Network Europe (est. 2001; EU)
- Grooving Electronic Natural Environments (band)
- Genetic Toxicology (database)
- Global Environment and Nuclear Energy Systems
- Ground European Network for Earth Science Interoperations
Samples in periodicals archive:
Increasingly the courts are seeing these as separate issues," says Danny Baker, Director of Operations and Education for Gender Public Advocacy Coalition, adding that even when sexual orientation is not a protected crass, gender-based claims are often recognized.
Although the FBI doesn't include gender identity as criteria for a hate crime, statistics compiled by the Gender Public Advocacy Coalition show that at least one transgender person is murdered in this country each month.
The Gender Public Advocacy Coalition, Washington, D.
In light of these and other events the Gender Public Advocacy Coalition in September spotlighted an annual report from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission showing that the number of sexual harassment claims filed by men has more than doubled in the past 10 years.
But Riki Wilchins, executive director of the gender-rights group Gender Public Advocacy Coalition, says they have a much greater effect.
At the Gender Public Advocacy Coalition (GenderPAC), where I am executive director, we deal with discrimination and violence caused by gender stereotypes in America every day.
The underlying principle with these surgeries is to make sure every kid possible gets to grow up to be heterosexual," says Riki Wilchins, executive director of the New York City-based Gender Public Advocacy Coalition.