Indeed, while considering the case of women's empowerment within the African context, an informed analyst is quickly struck by an impressive paradox: while women's participation in the economy is particularly high, according to the United Nation Population Fund (UNPF, 2008), the economic and political empowerment of women is still among the lowest in the world, as measured by the Gender Equity Index (Social Watch, 2005).
What does GEI stand for?
GEI stands for Gender Equity Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GEI
We have 79 other meanings of GEI in our Acronym Attic
- Gas Efficiency Heating Systems (UK)
- General Environmental Health Services (Indiana)
- Gettysburg Equestrian Historical Society (Gettysburg, PA)
- Glen Ellyn Historical Society (Glen Ellyn, IL)
- Glenbard East High School (Lombard, Il)
- Grace Excel High School (India)
- Greenbrier East High School (West Virginia)
- Global Environment Health Safety Management System (PepsiCo, Inc.)
- Great Egg Harbor Watershed Association (New Jersey)
- Gases de Efecto Invernadero
- Gene, Environment and Health Initiative
- Gene-Environment Interaction
- General Education Intervention
- Genetically Engineered Ingredients
- Geocentric Equatorial Inertial Coordinate System
- Geographic Enforcement Initiative
- Geothermal Energy Institute
- Gesellschaft für Elektronische Informationsverarbeitung
- Gigabit Ethernet Interface (router)
- Global Effects Integration (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
All the others have deteriorated leading to the decline in the gender equity index.
The study, which included data from 1,416 domestic and international institutions, is an annual undertaking by the AAUP and includes data that will be entered into the gender equity index, which tracks four elements of equity: relative salaries, tenure-track status, promotion to the rank of full professor and proportion of all full-time faculty.