However, the lowest-ranked position for Turkey in the UNDP's index report was in the gender empowerment measure.
What does GEM stand for?
GEM stands for Gender Empowerment Measure (UN)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GEM
We have 292 other meanings of GEM in our Acronym Attic
- Group Employment Liaison Scheme (New Zealand)
- Grup Excursionista la Salle
- Georgia Electronic Life Safety and Systems Association
- Graduate English Language Teaching Assistant
- IOC Group of Experts on Long-Term Scientific Policy and Planning
- Galactic Emission Mapping
- Galloway Enrichment Model (New Jersey)
- Gamma, Electron and Muon Detector
- Gas Electron Multiplier (nuclear physics)
- Gateway to Educational Materials
- Gender-Equitable Man (scale)
- Generable Enigmatic Matrix (My-Otome anime and manga)
- General Ecosystem Model
- General Elective Module
- General Electric Metallized lamp (1904)
- General Environmental Message
- General Equilibrium Model
- General Executive Memo
- Generalized Emulation of Microcircuits
- Generalized Event Monitoring
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 2007-2008 UN Development Programme (UNDP) report ranked the UAE 29th among 177 countries in the gender empowerment measures, the best rating in the Arab world.
Bahrain ranks fourth out of 155 countries and is one of only two Arab countries with a gender empowerment measure of above 0.
Gender Empowerment Measures (GEM) The GEM index is even more devastating for the Arab countries than the GDI index.
The inclusion of a gender empowerment measure (GEM) as developed by UNDP adds to the disadvantage of the Arab countries because women's education is a relatively recent development in most Arab countries.
In the second part of the paper, Gender Related Development Index (GDI) and Gender Empowerment Measure (GEM) are used to show TRNC's position in the international ranking.
The Ministry will release Gender Development Index and a report on Gender Empowerment Measures in India in a function to be organized here at Siri Fort Auditorium.