Gender Development Index The Gender Development Index measures the attainments in human development indicators for females as a proportion to that of males.
What does GDI stand for?
GDI stands for Gender Development Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GDI
We have 121 other meanings of GDI in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Derry Humane Society, Inc. (East Derry, NH)
- Ground Data Handling System
- Graduate Diploma in Health Studies (University of Queensland; Brisbane, Australia)
- Glacial Drumlin Horse Trail Association
- Gamma Delta Iota (fraternity)
- Garage Doors, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
- Gardner Denver, Inc. (Wayne, PA)
- Gasoline Direct Injection
- GDP Dissociation Inhibitor
- Gender-related Development Index
- General Delegation of Independents
- Generic Display Interface
- Getting Data In
- Global Defense Initiative (Command & Conquer game)
- Global Defense Initiative (Command and Conquer game)
- Global Domains International (web hosting)
- God Damn Independent (slang for someone not living in dorms, housing, or Greek System)
- God Damn It
- Gonzaga Debate Institute (debate camp)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the UN's Gender Development Index, a component of a measure of the degree of development a population enjoys, is defined and critiqued as focusing on the ranking of nations rather than on individual rights.
Namibia's international score on gender In 2002 Namibia was ranked 101st out of 146 countries on the UN Gender Development Index, behind South Africa at 88th place but slightly ahead of most of our other neighbours.
A gender development index and a report on gender empowerment measures in India will also be released to mark the occasion.
The Ministry will release Gender Development Index and a report on Gender Empowerment Measures in India in a function to be organized here at Siri Fort Auditorium.