Additionally, Gap has made donations through the Gap Foundation to many gay and lesbian organizations.
What does GALO stand for?
GALO stands for Gay and Lesbian Organization
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Gay and Lesbian Labor Activist Network (Jamaica Plain, MA)
- Gallium Experiment
- Gay and Lesbian Latin Organization
- Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Global Atmospheric Launch & Leave Upper Air Platform
- Gallaudet University
- Get A Life Man
- Groninger Actief Leven Model (Dutch: Groningen Active Living Model; senior exercise group)
- Udp-N-Acetyl-Alpha-D-Galactosamine:polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 3
- Games for Logic and Programming Languages (workshop)
- Genetic ALgorithm Optimized for Portability and Parallelism System
- Geodetic Aspects of the Law of the Sea (International Association of Geodesy)
- Grappeling and Lock-On Validation
- Games, Argumentation, and Logic Programming (symposium)
- Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate
- Good Automated Laboratory Practices
- Genetic Algorithm - Linear Programming - Extended Dijkstra's Algorithm
- Gay and Lesbian Police Employees Network of Victoria
- Greater Atlanta Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bush, Elizabeth Dole, and John McCain have cautiously reached out to GOP-linked gay and lesbian organizations.
It is clear to me," says Tim McFeeley, executive director of the Human Rights Campaign Fund, the largest and perhaps most influential gay and lesbian organization in the country, "that regulation, to the point of preventing any two people from loving each other or entering into a public commitment that declares and publicizes two people's commitment and love for each other, is really central in terms of the government's control over our lives.
Gay activists will have to grapple with an acrimonious Congress almost evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats Logging on to the Web sites of major gay and lesbian organizations the week after the most closely contested election in 124 years was a disconcerting experience.
And, as Andrade explains, becoming involved with gay and lesbian organizations in town is rewarding: "My copresidency has really given me more confidence to be who I am, and other gay men on campus have told me that seeing me as copresident made it easier for them to come out.
Axel was actually one of the founders of the Danish gay and lesbian organization Forbundet af 48 back in 1948.
In 1996 the task force became the first national gay and lesbian organization to incorporate transgendered people into its mission statement.
Indeed, gay and lesbian organizations at American Cathilicism's grassroots level have been flourishing over the past several years, and gay-friendly parishes are springing up across the country.