Released in October by the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Family Project, the first Healthcare Equality Index focuses on hospital services, though future indexes will focus on community health centers, hospices and other health care settings.
What does GLAMMA stand for?
GLAMMA stands for Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (formerly GLMA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Glamorgan (Welsh County)
- God's Love And Mercy
- Green Leaders Academy Malaysia (marketing)
- Green Light Artist Management (Canada)
- Green Line Advisory Group of Medford (Massachusetts)
- Grinning Like A Maniac
- Gay and Lesbian American Music Award
- Great Lakes Acoustic Music Association (Kalamazoo, Michigan)
- Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area (California)
- Grants And Loans Accounting and Management Information System
- Great Lakes Alaskan Malamute Rescue (Wooster, OH)
- Global Logistics and Manufacturing Strategies (Indian School of Business; Hyderabad)
- Garage Lan
- Gigabit Local Area Network
- Greater London Archives Network
- Greater Los Angeles New Car Dealers Association (California)
- German Language Australian News Network (Australia)
- Great Lakes Aquatic Nonindigenous Species Information System (USGS Nonindigenous Aquatic Species)
- Generalized Localized Atomic Orbital
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists (Columbus, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To help gay and lesbian patients get the best medical treatment possible, the Human Right Campaign and the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association have teamed up to create the Healthcare Equality Index, which will provide information about how individual hospitals respond to the needs of LGBT individuals and their families.
For its work to ensure health care for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans, the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association is being honored with the 2006 APHA Presidential Citation.
I'd like to think in 2006 [homophobia] wouldn't be a problem," says Winn, who also serves as vice chair of the policy and advocacy committee for the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association.
I was notified that the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association sent a letter to the district superintendent.