What Davenport doesn't say, notes Michele Granda, an attorney with Boston-based legal group Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders, is that FedEx could offer equal benefits if the company wanted to.
What does GLAD stand for?
GLAD stands for Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (Boston, MA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GLAD
We have 39 other meanings of GLAD in our Acronym Attic
- Great Lakes Association for Cooperation in Education (Canada)
- Glacier Caves and Karst in Polar Regions
- Great Lakes Association of Clinical Medicine
- Gasless Laparoscopy-Assisted Colorectal Surgery
- Ground Loop Attitude Control System (satellite technology)
- Groupe de Liaison pour l'Action Culturelle Scientifique (French: Liaison Group for the Scientific Cultural Action)
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Central Texas (est. 1993)
- Great Lakes Association of College and University Housing Officers
- Great Lakes Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls
- Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control District (prevents and controls pests and pest-borne diseases)
- Geographic Logistics Awareness Display
- Get Lost and Die
- Glacial Lakes Area Development (Britton, SD)
- Glancing Angle Deposition (nanotechnology)
- Glenolabral Articular Disruption
- Global African Diaspora Coalition
- Good Living Against Drugs (Detroit, MI)
- Goodman Lyrics Archive and Depository
- Gradient Light Analytical Detector
- Great Lakes Atmospheric Deposition
Samples in periodicals archive:
The crowd-pleasing barbs paved the way for the next speaker -- Jennifer Levi -- a staff attorney with the Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders.
HIRED: Gary Buseck, executive director 0f Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders in Boston, as legal director for Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund, December 17.
One of the things I'm trying to think through is exactly what [Freedom to Marry's] role will be," says Gary Buseck, executive director of Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders, a Boston-based legal organization that has taken the lead in the court battle for marriage in Massachusetts.