Countering criticism that social work is often a- theoretical and a-historical, she and Cocker (also at Middlesex) present an overview of lesbian and gay history relevant to social work, from development of liberal reformist policies in the late 1950s and the Gay Liberation Front in the 1960s in the UK, to the influences of feminism, AIDS, and queer theory on modern and postmodern conceptualizations of and discourse on homosexuality and nontraditional families.
What does GLF stand for?
GLF stands for Gay Liberation Front
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GLF
We have 35 other meanings of GLF in our Acronym Attic
- Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (NOAA)
- Goddard Leadership Education Series
- Grace Lutheran Elementary School (various locations)
- Gauss-Legendre Sky Pixelization (astrophysics)
- Graded Leg Exercise Test
- Great Lakes Engineering Works (1902-1960; Michigan)
- OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library
- Global Early Warning and Response System
- Gain-Loss Factor
- Gas Log Fire (real estate)
- Generalized Largest First (ordering)
- Global Liberation Front (gaming)
- Global Listing Format
- Global Lost and Found
- Gnome Liberation Front
- Golden Leaf Foundation (North Carolina)
- Golfito, Costa Rica - Golfito (Airport Code)
- Gothic Liberation Front
- Government Leaders Forum
- Governor's Leadership Foundation (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also, from the birth of the Gay Liberation Front (GLF) to the period in which 32-year-old, Wall Street banker Harvey Milk was deeply, deeply in the closet.
The London Gay Liberation Front included a statement opposing the Bill in its list of principles, but when GLF members joined IS-organized marches against the Bill, they were asked to march at the back of the demonstration.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] (5) Gay Liberation Front 1969 The Gay Liberation Front, a militant political action group, is founded by Stonewall veterans.
It features morethan35years of land mark moments - from the early Gay Liberation Front march at Hyde Park in 1971 to the recent civil partnerships of the 21st century.
The first public demonstration was held by the UK Gay Liberation Front.