Kaspersky's experts discovered Gauss by identifying the commonalities the malicious programme shares with Flame, a statement from the company said.
What does G stand for?
G stands for Gauss (magnetic flux density)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of G
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Illinois (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Galway (Irish car registration)
- Games Played (baseball)
- Gamma Hydroxybutyrate
- Gate (transistor; electronics)
- Gauge (syringes)
- Gefreiter (German)
- General Audiences (movie rating)
- General Intelligence Factor (psychology/psychometrics)
- Generator, Tachometer Generator, Exciter, or Rotating Amplifier
- Genus (mathematics)
- Gerard Thematic Catalog (music, Italian)
- Gibbs Free Energy (thermodynamics)
- Giesma (form of chromosome banding)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This almost sounds like the remit of conventional malware, but there is more to it in Kaspersky's view, starting with the fact that Gauss appears to have been built on the same development platform that resultedin the Flame cyberweaponthat caused huge fuss when it was revealed (also by Kaspersky Lab) in May.
Gauss has mainly been found in Windows 32bit systems in Lebanon, Israel Palestine, although some infections have been discovered in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
In  the notion of finite type was extended to differentiable maps, in particular, to Gauss map of submanifolds.
But it has few modifications over the Gauss elimination method.
9780821843079 Analytic number theory; a tribute to Gauss and Dirichlet; proceedings.
Gauss made the first application of his discovery in calculating a precise orbit for the asteroid that had disappeared, and when astronomers looked for this asteroid in the position he predicted it would be, which was in October of the same year, indeed they found it there.
Rabinowitz established a beautiful "circle theorem" for Gauss and Gauss-Lobatto quadrature rules.