Eight or nine years ago, my husband and I left the Florida Keys to come to West Virginia, where we essentially got paid to hike through the Gauley River National Recreation Area, including the Meadow River.
What does GARI stand for?
GARI stands for Gauley River National Recreation Area (US National Park Service)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GARI
We have 3 other meanings of GARI in our Acronym Attic
- Global Assessment of Relational Functioning (psychology)
- Gosudarstvenni Archiv Rossiiskoi Federatsii (Russian: State Archive of the Russian Federation)
- Groupement des Acteurs et Responsables de la Formation en Entreprise (French: Group of Actors and Managers Corporate Training)
- GSFC Antenna Range Facility
- Ghana AIDS Response Fund (World Bank)
- Genetic Algorithm Research Group (various universities)
- Glucocorticoid Attenuated Response Genes
- Groundwater Arsenic Research Group (est. 1999; Sweden)
- Goat Anti-Rabbit Gamma Globulin
- Georgia Automobile Racing Hall of Fame Association
- General Atlantic Resources, Inc. (Delaware)
- Glover Automated Results Indicator (World Cup predictor; University of Warwick; UK)
- Great Ape Research Institute (Japan)
- Greenways Alliance of Rhode Island
- Gulf Archaeology Research Institute
- Groupement Aquitain des Réseaux d'Insertion par l'Activité Économique (French: Aquitaine Group Networks Insertion Economic Activity)
- Government Appropriations for Relief in Occupied Areas (Korea)
- Gas-Filled Recoil Isotope Separator
- Gislaved Anderstorps Ridklubb (Swedish association)
- Glasgow Airport Rail Link (Scotland, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Late last year, the federal Office of Surface Mining (OSM) finalized a rule change that allows for stream destruction and fill during strip-mining operations, posing a threat to the Big South Fork National River, the Gauley River National Recreation Area, and the New River Gorge National River.
Gauley River National Recreation Area was established in 1988 to protect 25 miles of the Gauley River and six miles of the Meadow River, and is located between the towns of Summersville and Fayetteville.