In 2004, Robin Dunseath, former boss of the World Haggis Hurling Association, said he came up with the idea for the sport as a joke for the Gathering of the Clans in Edinburgh in 1977.
What does GOTC stand for?
GOTC stands for Gathering Of The Clan(s)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GOTC
- Georgia Occupational Therapy Association
- Get on the Air (amateur radio)
- Green Olive Trade Association (Carlstadt, NJ)
- Conference on Natural Language Processing
- Generic Over the Air Programming
- Get on the Ball (physiotherapy training; UK)
- Get On The Bus (campaign)
- Ghost of the Bird (Brisbane, Australia graphic design)
- Girls on the Boat (women's regatta; Anacortes, WA)
- Getting Off the Beaten Path
- Get Out to Caucus (various locations)
- Ghosts of the Covenant (gaming)
- Girls of the Con (est. 2007)
- Gladiators of the Cage (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Global OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Technical Consultant (various companies)
- Global Organization of Tree Climbers (Florida)
- Guardians of the Cedars (Lebanese political party; est. 1975)
- Greater Ocean Township Chamber of Commerce (New Jersey)
- Gaming Obsession Throughout Computer History Award
- Gem of the Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scotland's last Gathering of the Clans, held in Edinburgh in 2009, attracted around 47,000 people and generated PS10.
This could relate to child care or a gathering of the clan.
The vehicle for that change should be the annual gathering of the clan, this year in Hamilton.
Mercy, her first chart-topper, was greeted with a huge roar and quickly developed into a kind of gathering of the clans, a rabble-rousing showstopper that was probably the highlight of the night.
Or do we wait to see what comes out of an enormous gathering of the clans this week to discuss the Global Integrated Season?
On Saturday, four of those generations travelled from their homes in Lancashire and Derbyshire for a surprise gathering of the clan at Phyllis's flat at Harry Caplan House, in Allesley, Coventry.
Educators particularly value the gathering of the clans to show and share.