SonicWall Next-Generation and Unified Threat Management firewalls already provide gateway anti-virus through SonicWall's proprietary reassembly-free deep packet inspection anti-malware solution, protecting the perimeter, wireless and VPNs.
What does GAV stand for?
GAV stands for Gateway Anti-Virus (Sonicwall)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GAV
We have 23 other meanings of GAV in our Acronym Attic
- Gaulish in Latin Letters (linguistics)
- Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers (UK)
- Grid Area Unit System (forestry)
- Groupe d'Acoustique de l'Université de Sherbrooke
- Grupo Astronomico Universitario Salduie (Spanish)
- Gruppo Accademico Ufologico Scandicci (Italian)
- Geophysical Airborne Unmanned Survey System (US Department of Energy)
- Graduate Member of the Australian Mathematics Society
- Glasgow Association of University Teachers
- Garantie des Accidents de la Vie (French: Accident Insurance Guarantee)
- Gatha-Avestan (linguistics)
- Gendarme Adjoint Volontaire (French: Volunteer Deputy Constable)
- Ghost Assault Vehicle
- Giubbotto Assetto Variabile (Italian: life jacket)
- Gravity Accelerated Vehicle
- Great American Volleyball
- Greening Australia Victoria
- Gross Appraisal Value (insurance)
- Gross Asset Value
- Guaranteed Account Value
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to SonicWALL, network administrators can enable Clean VPN (SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Intrusions Prevention scanning over VPN connections) to afford iOS users the same level of protection as if they were on the internal network, and ensure that communications relayed through the iOS devices are clean of malware.
In addition, client-based protection is recommended as a second layer of protection, in the rare event that a known virus should break through the gateway anti-virus protection layer.
The ICSA Labs' gateway anti-virus certification was developed from comprehensive analysis of security-related risks likely to be encountered by the product.
SonicWALL, named by IDC as the leader in Unified Threat Management (UTM) security appliances worldwide according to its latest Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker, has delivered zero day Gateway Anti-Virus and Intrusion Prevention signatures to its subscribers to stop attacks and the spread of bots and worms exploiting the new Microsoft PnP vulnerability, MS05-039.
INTERNET BUSINESS NEWS-(C)1995-2005 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD IT security company, SonicWALL, has launched its latest small business firewall, TZ 150, which supports gateway anti-virus and intrusion prevention.
The RainWall High Availability Platform comprises: RainWall for leading firewalls and VPN servers; RainWall for content security servers, such as gateway anti-virus protection and content filtering solutions; and RainConnect, the first software traffic management server solution for multi-homed networks.