Endoscopic ultrasound of the gastroesophageal junction or a chest CT scan would be the appropriate imaging study if a malignancy was suspected, but the lack of weight loss in a patient with a 3-year history of symptoms argues strongly against that possibility, he continued.
What does GEJ stand for?
GEJ stands for Gastroesophageal Junction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GEJ
We have 2 other meanings of GEJ in our Acronym Attic
- General Electric Information Services COmpany
- German Encyclopedic Internet Service Terminal
- Graphic Era Institute of Technology (India)
- Green Enterprise Information Technology (Uptime Institute)
- Global Engineering Integration and Technical Assistance
- Government Electronics and Intelligence Technology Association
- Gas/Electricity Interdependency Task Force (North American Electric Reliability Corporation)
- Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival (UK)
- Gigabit European Internet EXchange
- Geological Electronic Information eXchange System (EU)
- Germana Esperanto Junularo (Esperanto: German Esperanto Youth)
- Global Economy Journal (International Trade & Finance Association; Ohio University; Athens, OH)
- Golden Era Jungle (Chicago, IL)
- Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (Nigerian president)
- Greater Eastside Junior Football Association (Seattle, WA)
- Gendarmerie Einsatz Kommando (Austrian counter-terrorism group)
- Geomagnetic Electro-Kinetograph
- Global Environmental Kuznets Curve (economics)
- Gemeinschaft Evangelischer Kirchen in Europa (German: Community of Protestant Churches in Europe; Vienna, Austria)
- Global Extended Kalman Filter (algorithm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction.
They address causes; risk factors; diagnosis and staging; coping with a diagnosis of cancer of the stomach, gastroesophageal junction or esophagus; treatment options (including complementary ones); caregiving for a patient; and getting support.
In contrast, a ring is located at the gastroesophageal junction, and it is covered by squamous epithelium proximally and columnar epithelium distally.
Seven (54%) of the 13 gastroesophageal junction biopsies had GCMs compared with 35 (54%) of the 65 other cases (P > .