However, gastrointestinal complications are relatively common, including high gastric residual volume, abdominal distension, vomiting and regurgitation.
What does GRV stand for?
GRV stands for Gastric Residual Volume
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GRV
We have 21 other meanings of GRV in our Acronym Attic
- Ground Replacement Untrained (stamped on assignment dispatches)
- Popular Slang for Infantry
- Georgia Rural Urban Summit
- Great Reservoir Uncertainty Study (Norway)
- Granite Reef Underground Storage Project
- Grantor Retained Unitrust
- Good for Round Tour Ticket (museum pass)
- Globally Routable User Agent URI
- Grundutbildningsutskottet (Swedish: Undergraduate Studies Committee)
- Grupo de Pesquisa Dos Efeitos da Radiação Ultravioleta Sobre O Ecossistema Costeiro E O Homem No Sul do Brasil (Brazilian group researching effects of ultraviolet radiation )
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most commonly occurring symptoms were abdominal distension (62% of study days), absent bowel sounds (55% of study days), and high gastric residual volumes (36% of study days), followed by inability to advance enteral feeding (27% of study days) and constipation (26% of study days).
Research is still needed to ascertain at what level gastric residual volume increases aspiration risk and at what level feedings should be withheld.