6-litre Gasoline Direct Injection engine equipped with a twin-scroll turbocharger making for dramatically increased power and torque compared with the non-turbo engine.
What does GDI stand for?
GDI stands for Gasoline Direct Injection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GDI
We have 121 other meanings of GDI in our Acronym Attic
- Georgetown District High School (Canada)
- Glasgow Dental Hospital and School (Scotland, UK)
- Greater Derry Humane Society, Inc. (East Derry, NH)
- Ground Data Handling System
- Graduate Diploma in Health Studies (University of Queensland; Brisbane, Australia)
- Glacial Drumlin Horse Trail Association
- Gamma Delta Iota (fraternity)
- Garage Doors, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
- Gardner Denver, Inc. (Wayne, PA)
- GDP Dissociation Inhibitor
- Gender Development Index
- Gender-related Development Index
- General Delegation of Independents
- Generic Display Interface
- Getting Data In
- Global Defense Initiative (Command & Conquer game)
- Global Defense Initiative (Command and Conquer game)
- Global Domains International (web hosting)
- God Damn Independent (slang for someone not living in dorms, housing, or Greek System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another 23 papers cover systems architecture, gasoline direct injection systems, medium and heavy-duty diesel, light-duty diesel, gasoline direct-injection spray generation, diesel spray, and development and methodology.
market gas-electric full hybrid, to be offered in the next-generation Sonata; introduced a sleek crossover concept powered by a turbocharged gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine, and announced future high-mileage editions of the Accent and Elantra.
In Delphi's case it is the Multec 20, its spray stratified gasoline direct injection (GDi) injector.
What's more, all second generation Cayenne models are powered by new especially fuel-efficient engines with gasoline direct injection.
Two key powertrain technologies are becoming more prevalent on vehicles featured at NAIAS: Bosch common diesel rail and gasoline direct injection (GDI).