Interest in studying electro-discharge effects in subsonic, supersonic, and particularly hypersonic gas flows has arisen over the past decade, he says, because of attempts to develop hypersonic flying vehicles.
What does V stand for?
V stands for Gas Flow
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of V
- Uzbekistani Sum (ISO currency code)
- Utrechtse Zwemclub Star Combinatie (Dutch industrial company)
- Úrad pro Zahranicní Styky a Informace (Office for Foreign Relations and Information, Czechia; StB successor)
- Uczelniany Zarzad Samorzadu Studenckiego (Polish: Information Technology Self-Management Students)
- Uzbek Soviet Socialist Republic (Uzbekistan)
- Und Zu Weiter (German: and so on; et cetera)
- Uczelnia Zawodowa Zaglebia Miedziowego (Polish: Vocational College Zaglebia Copper; Lubin, Poland)
- 5 (Roman numeral)
- British Columbia (postal code designation, Canada)
- Canadian Vickers (aircaraft mark)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The gas flow on a pipeline carrying Iranian natural gas to Turkey was halted due to an explosion in eastern Turkey late on Thursday which also wounded soldiers in a passing military vehicle, Turkish government and energy officials said.
Following the success of its TB07 well (gas flow rate of 2,900,000 scf/day) during 2010, Sino Gas has so far achieved significant commercial well rates on its TB09 well (gas flow rate of 1,150,500 scf/day), TB03 well (gas flow rate of 326,500 scf/day) and an indication of a gas flow on TB06 in excess of 1,000,000 scf/day.
At low engine speed and low gas flow, the vanes of the VNT close, thereby reducing the inlet area to the turbine, resulting in an increase in turbine inlet pressure, which increases turbine power and drives higher engine boost pressure.