The current worldwide trend of replacing gas discharge lamps with solid state lighting, such as LEDs, will affect the radiance and spectrum of urban skyglow," he said.
What does GDL stand for?
GDL stands for Gas Discharge Lamp (auto)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GDL
We have 85 other meanings of GDL in our Acronym Attic
- General Drawing Kit (Linux)
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) Drawing Kit (computer graphics library)
- Gouvernement Du Kenya (French: Government of Kenya)
- Graffiti Damage Krew (gang)
- Graphics Developers Kit
- Grosse Dransdorfer Karnevals Gesellschaft (German: Dransdorfer Great Society Carnival)
- Game Design London (event; London, UK)
- Garage Door Lubricant
- Gareth David Lloyd (actor; UK)
- Gas Diffusion Layer
- Gas Dynamic Laser
- Gauntlet Dark Legacy (video game)
- General-Purpose Declarative Language (web development environment)
- Generalized Distributive Law
- Genesee District Library (Michigan)
- Geometric Description Language
- Geometric Description Language (File format for ArchiCad from Graphisoft)
- Georgia Department of Labor
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Lebensmitteltechnologen (German: Society of German Food Technologists)
- Gesellschaft Deutschsprachiger Lymphologen
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unlike typical gas discharge lamps, the semiconductor LED contains no mercury - a hazardous waste material, produces no ultraviolet radiation, and no EMI (electromagnetic interference) emissions.