A third focuses on developing and optimizing electrodes for the archetypal kind of fuel cell--the PEM FC (proton exchange membrane fuel cell) and gas diffusion layers (GDLs), which help regulate their operation.
What does GDL stand for?
GDL stands for Gas Diffusion Layer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GDL
We have 85 other meanings of GDL in our Acronym Attic
- Gangster Disciple Killer (slang)
- General Drawing Kit (Linux)
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) Drawing Kit (computer graphics library)
- Gouvernement Du Kenya (French: Government of Kenya)
- Graffiti Damage Krew (gang)
- Graphics Developers Kit
- Grosse Dransdorfer Karnevals Gesellschaft (German: Dransdorfer Great Society Carnival)
- Game Design London (event; London, UK)
- Garage Door Lubricant
- Gareth David Lloyd (actor; UK)
- Gas Discharge Lamp (auto)
- Gas Dynamic Laser
- Gauntlet Dark Legacy (video game)
- General-Purpose Declarative Language (web development environment)
- Generalized Distributive Law
- Genesee District Library (Michigan)
- Geometric Description Language
- Geometric Description Language (File format for ArchiCad from Graphisoft)
- Georgia Department of Labor
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Lebensmitteltechnologen (German: Society of German Food Technologists)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The procedures measure electrolyte resistance, carbon monoxide distribution, current density, contact resistance between the gas diffusion layer and flow-field plates, and reactant flow in the channels of the flow-field plates.
Designed to improve sealing performance and durability while reducing costs, AmesSeal is said to provide an adaptable solution to the sealing needs of fuel cell stack, membrane electrode assembly, gas diffusion layer and bipolar plate manufacturers.
The papers are organized by session, with session topics that included noble and non-noble metal catalysts for ORR, catalyst supports and electrodes, gas diffusion layers, electrode degradation, and dynamics in fuel cell components and systems.
PEMEAS GmbH recently announced the completion of its merger with Gruppo De Nora's fuel cell components businesses E-TEK -- a developer and manufacturer of catalysts, gas diffusion layers and electrodes for low and high temperature polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cells and direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs).