The Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer on the Viking module was also looking for carbon-based molecules, but found none and NASA chiefs ruled that life could not exist without these modules.
What does GCMS stand for?
GCMS stands for Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GCMS
We have 48 other meanings of GCMS in our Acronym Attic
- Gold Coast Model Raceway (Australia)
- Governor's Commission on Mental Retardation (Massachusetts)
- Ground Configuration Message Request
- Ground Control Message Request
- Groupement de Commercialisation de Matériaux Routiers (French: Grouping of Marketing Materials Road)
- Garden City Model Railroad Club (New Zealand)
- Gold Coast Modular Railroad Club (Ventura, CA)
- Grand Canyon Monitoring and Research Center (USGS)
- Glasgow Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies (UK)
- Glasgow Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Unit (Western Infirmary; UK)
- Gas Chromatography Coupled Mass Spectroscopy
- Gauger Cobbs Middle School (Delaware, USA)
- Glacier Creek Middle School (Middleton, WI)
- Global Capital Market Solutions (Denmark)
- Global Case Management System (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- Global Communication Management System (Sajan, Inc.)
- Gold Coast Montessori School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Government Configuration Management System
- Government Contractor Monitoring Station
- Grand Canyon Minority Supplier Development Council (Arizona)
Samples in periodicals archive:
She said the laboratory has the latest hardware using high-resolution technologies, to conduct tests and to draw conclusions, and these devices include Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS), Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatograph (UPLC), Refractometer, Polarimeter, and Incubators.
It is not as sensitive as a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer system, but it is sensitive enough to trigger an alarm indicating that a city's drinking water may be unsafe.