Amongst others appearing at the three-day Starfury: Midnight convention, which began on Friday, are Gareth David Lloyd and Eve Myles from the Doctor Who spin-off series, Torchwood.
What does GDL stand for?
GDL stands for Gareth David Lloyd (actor; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GDL
We have 85 other meanings of GDL in our Acronym Attic
- Game Development Kit
- Gangster Disciple Killer (slang)
- General Drawing Kit (Linux)
- GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) Drawing Kit (computer graphics library)
- Gouvernement Du Kenya (French: Government of Kenya)
- Graffiti Damage Krew (gang)
- Graphics Developers Kit
- Grosse Dransdorfer Karnevals Gesellschaft (German: Dransdorfer Great Society Carnival)
- Game Design London (event; London, UK)
- Garage Door Lubricant
- Gas Diffusion Layer
- Gas Discharge Lamp (auto)
- Gas Dynamic Laser
- Gauntlet Dark Legacy (video game)
- General-Purpose Declarative Language (web development environment)
- Generalized Distributive Law
- Genesee District Library (Michigan)
- Geometric Description Language
- Geometric Description Language (File format for ArchiCad from Graphisoft)
- Georgia Department of Labor
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAPTION(S): * Ioan Gruffudd, Brian Hibbard and Gareth David Lloyd * Actor Huw Ceredig pictured at his home last month
Former Torchwood star Gareth David Lloyd, from Newport, is also in the Casimir Effect.
The Winter Memorabilia Show runs Saturday and Sunday and includes appearances by EastEnders Phil Daniels (above right) and Billy Murray, Torchwood actor Gareth David Lloyd, Bond villain Richard Kiel and sporting stars footballer Paul Gasgoine, boxer Joe Frazier (above left) and WWF world champion Mick Foley.
The day also includes a Bafta Cymru sponsored event, looking at how difficult it is for straight actors to play someone who's gay, featuring Gareth David Lloyd who played Ianto Jones in Torchwood.
Last week Wales on Sunday revealed some fans had left online messages saying they would 'murder' the scriptwriters responsible for killing off the show's Ianto Jones (below right), played by Newport actor Gareth David Lloyd in the Children of Earth mini-series.
Eve Myles, left, and Gareth David Lloyd seen filming on the bombsite.
Gareth David Lloyd (pictured) will appear as alien hunter Ianto Jones in the Doctor Who series finale on Saturday night.