Today Gangs Of New York (Channel 4, 10pm) CAMERON Diaz has become one of the best-paid actresses in movie history.
What does GONY stand for?
GONY stands for Gangs of New York (movie)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Government of the Netherlands
- General Office Non-Line of Sight
- Global Organisation of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Genetically Optimized Neural Network System
- Gruppo Oncologico Nord Ovest (Italian: Oncology Group North-West)
- Government of the North Pole
- Government of National Unity (Sudan political organization)
- Government Office for the North West (UK)
- Government of North West Frontier Province (Pakistan)
- Railgon Company (Trailer Train Company)
- Government of New Zealand
- Gulf of Oman Naval Zone of Operation
- Gastric Outlet Obstruction
- Gemeenschappelijke Onderwerps-Ontsluiting
- Get Oil Out (California organization opposed to oil drilling in Santa Barbara Channel)
- God of Obelisk (Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! card)
- Gold Oil PLC (stock symbol)
- Grand Ole Opry (Nashville, TN, USA)
- Great Old Ones
- Guardians of Order
Samples in periodicals archive:
All courtesy of the assorted gangs of New York engaged in hand-to-hand combat -- err, buying, I mean -- that is a staple of the process.
Three movies dominated the nominations: Chicago, Gangs Of New York and The Hours.
Located under the Brooklyn Bridge off the East River, the Seaport is Manhattan's oldest neighborhood, and was recently immortalized in Martin Scorsese's new film Gangs of New York.
GANGS OF NEW YORK connections are at the head of the betting for best director and best actor at the BAFTAs next month, but the film itself is expected to be overlooked in favour of Chicago, which is 8-11 favourite with Paddy Power.
ELUSIVE British actor and Oscar-winning star of In The Name Of The Father, Daniel Day-Lewis, arrives to a huge welcome reception at the Irish premier of Martin Scorcese's epic Gangs Of New York in Dublin.