The Gang Resistance Education and Training Program (G.
What does GREAT stand for?
GREAT stands for Gang Resistance Education And Training
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GREAT
We have 35 other meanings of GREAT in our Acronym Attic
- Guest Relations Executive (hotel industry)
- Georges River Environmental Alliance (Australia)
- Georgia Retired Educators Association (Gainesville, GA)
- Grand Rapids Education Association (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Grant-Related Expenditure Assessment
- Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board
- German, Russian and East Asian Languages (university department)
- Global Research on the Environmental and Agricultural Nexus (international program)
- Golspie Recycling and Environmental Action Network (Scotland, UK)
- Grass Roots Environmental Action Now
- General Record of Enforcement Actions Tracked
- German Receiver for Astronomy at Terahertz Frequencies (spectroscopy project)
- Get Really Excited About Today
- Gills Rock Entertainment Arts Tour (Wisconsin)
- Great River Environmental Action Team
- Greenville Area Transit
- Greet React Escort Assist Thank (mnemonic)
- Greyhound Rescue and Adoptions of Tampa Bay (Tampa Bay, Florida)
- Guaranteed Reduced Exchange Access Tariffs (ALTS)
- Gulf Reef Environmental Action Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
and Europe; their structure; race and gender issues; violence and drugs; and programs and policies such as the Gang Resistance Education and Training Program.
Traditional methods for combating street-level drug trafficking focus on three basic strategies: high-profile, proactive patrols, which emphasize aggressively stopping and detaining pedestrians and motorists; buy-bust operations, in which officers promptly arrest suspects who sell narcotics to undercover officers; and demand reduction and prevention programs, such as Drug Awareness and Resistance Education and Gang Resistance Education and Training.
The district recently took advantage of federal funds by sending the two officers assigned to the junior high schools for training to earn certification as Gang Resistance Education and Training instructors.
However, in Phoenix, Arizona, a cooperative effort between the police department, area schools, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF), known as the Gang Resistance Education and Training (GREAT) Program, shows promising results.