Citing overfishing, Senator Loren Legarda reported that future generations may not see the galunggong (round scad), dilis (anchovies) and the tuna on their dinner table, as these species are already overfished.
What does GG stand for?
GG stands for Galunggong (scad fish)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GG
We have 26 other meanings of GG in our Acronym Attic
- Gun Free Zone (various locations)
- Gun-Free Zone
- Ghana Free Zones Board (established under the Free Zone Act, 1995)
- Air Guyane - French Guiana (IATA airline code)
- Editorial Gustavo Gili (publisher; Spain)
- G-Gundam (Anime)
- Gadu-Gadu (Polish messenger application)
- Gadugadu (Indonesian cuisine)
- Galgaduud (postal region, Somalia)
- Galloping Governors (Toastmasters)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The committed couple travel from Bedfordshire every day to work on their stall, Pinoy Foods, at the Bull Ring Markets' Indoor Market, where they offer products including milk-fish, galunggong fish and salted duck eggs.
Now there are reports that we are already importing galunggong [a kind of fish]," Legarda said.