The Galpin Society Journal 56 (June 2003) has changed formats, from the U.
What does GSJ stand for?
GSJ stands for Galpin Society Journal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GSJ
We have 9 other meanings of GSJ in our Acronym Attic
- Geological Survey of India Training Institute
- Galway School of Irish Traditional Music (Ireland)
- Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations (UK)
- Giant Scalable Image Viewer
- Great Saltee Island Virus
- Good Shepherd Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers (Shepherdstown, WV)
- Gent Stad in Werking (Belgium)
- Gesellschaft Schweiz-Islamische Welt (German: Society in Switzerland-Islamic World)
- Girl Scouts of Indian Waters Council (Wisconsin)
- Ground System Integration Working Group
- Gamelan Sekar Jaya (Indonesian entertainment ensemble; San Francisco, CA)
- Genetics Society of Japan (est. 1915)
- Geodetic Society of Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
- Geological Survey of Japan
- George Street Journal (Brown University)
- Goldman Sachs Japan
- Greater San Jose (California)
- Gereja Sidang Jemaat Allah (Indonesian: Assembly of God Church; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Gimlekollen School of Journalism and Communication (Norway)
- Greater Southington Jewish Congregation (Southington, CT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
West African string instruments had been (and still are) quite varied, falling into two main groups: lutes (see Eric Charry, "Plucked Lutes in West Africa: An Historical Overview," Galpin Society Journal 49 :3-37) and rather more common harps, on which a neck, likely curved, offers an anchor for the strings, but each string produces a single pitch.
The bibliography, generally very good, omits a few sources I would add: the New Grove Violin Family (mentioned above); Albert Cohen, "A Cache of 18th-Century Strings," Galpin Society Journal 36 (1983): 37-48 (with information about silk strings, a subject mentioned by Kolneder, p.