Several years ago, Turner and his colleagues created such a layered device by placing gallium indium phosphide, which absorbs ultraviolet and visible light, on top of gallium arsenide, which absorbs infrared lights (SN: 4/18/98, p.
What does GaInP2 stand for?
GaInP2 stands for Gallium Indium Phosphide
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
- Global Analysis Information Network
- Global Auditing Information Network
- Global Automation Information Network
- Government Accountability & Information Network
- Graphic Arts Information Network
- Great Ape Information Network (National Institute of Genetics; Japan)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (Welfare to Work Program)
- Greater Avenues to Independence
- Greenwood Aurora Involved Neighbors (Seattle, WA)
- GPS Aided Inertial Navigation Reference
- Gender Awareness Information and Networking System (UN)
- Ghana Agricultural Information Network System (est. 1991; Ghana)
- Global Air-Ocean In-Situ System (environmental observation project)
- Global Association of Interpersonal Neurobiology Studies
- Global Avian Influenza Network for Surveillance
- GPS (Global Positioning System) Aided Inertial Navigation System (various organizations)
- Growth And Income Securities
- Guaranteed Annual Income System
- Gaming Audit and Investigation Office (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The photocell consists of a layer of gallium indium phosphide, a semiconductor that absorbs visible light, laid upon a double layer of gallium arsenide, which absorbs infrared light.