The GALLEX solar neutrino measurements, along with those from the Soviet-American Gallium Experiment (SAGE) in Russia and the Kamiokande detector in Japan, spotlight one particular step in the chain of nuclear fusion reactions occurring in the sun's core.
What does GALLEX stand for?
GALLEX stands for Gallium Experiment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- German American Law Journal
- Gamma Lambda Kappa (Fraternity & Sorority)
- Generic Aging Lessons Learned
- Get a Life Loser
- Gilbert American Little League (Higley, AZ)
- Gay and Lesbian Lawyers Association (Miami, FL)
- Gay and Lesbian Legal Alliance (various universities)
- Gay and Lesbian Labor Activist Network (Jamaica Plain, MA)
- Gay and Lesbian Latin Organization
- Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Global Atmospheric Launch & Leave Upper Air Platform
- Gallaudet University
- Get A Life Man
- Groninger Actief Leven Model (Dutch: Groningen Active Living Model; senior exercise group)
- Udp-N-Acetyl-Alpha-D-Galactosamine:polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 3
- Gay and Lesbian Organization
- Games for Logic and Programming Languages (workshop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first published results from a gallium experiment reveal that the number of low-energy solar neutrinos detected on Earth falls significantly short of the number expected based on the theoretically predicted rate of neutrino production in the sun.
The new data come from the Soviet-American gallium experiment (SAGE) at the Baksan underground laboratory in the mountainous North Caucasus region.