Gal-1-P is formed in the Leloir pathwayvia galactokinase and cannot be metabolized further, owing to diminished GALT activity.
What does GALK stand for?
GALK stands for Galactokinase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Glogowska Amatorska Liga Halowa (Polish: Amateur Indoor Soccer League of Glogow)
- Green America Land Holdings, Inc. (now Green Card Capital Corp.)
- Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association
- Global American Language Institute (San Diego, CA)
- Gay and Lesbian Insurance Brokers
- Great American Life Insurance Company
- European Global Satellite Navigation System
- Georgia Library Learning Online
- Gays and Lesbians in Planning
- German American Law Journal
- Gamma Lambda Kappa (Fraternity & Sorority)
- Generic Aging Lessons Learned
- Get a Life Loser
- Gilbert American Little League (Higley, AZ)
- Gay and Lesbian Lawyers Association (Miami, FL)
- Gay and Lesbian Legal Alliance (various universities)
- Gay and Lesbian Labor Activist Network (Jamaica Plain, MA)
- Gallium Experiment
- Gay and Lesbian Latin Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
All but two study participants--both cataract sufferers--had galactokinase levels considered normal.
Galactokinase (GALK) converts galactose to galactose 1-phosphate.
Galactose is metabolized by hepatic galactokinase enzymes rather than by the cytochrome P450 system .