He made his first major open source contribution over a decade ago by writing the GNU C++ compiler, the first native-code C++ compiler and debugger.
What does G++ stand for?
G++ stands for GNU C++ Compiler
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Gin and Tonic (mixed drink)
- Give and Take
- Goats and Tigers (game)
- Gramophone and Typewriter Ltd.
- Grants and Training (DHS)
- Graphics & Visualization
- Game & Watch (game)
- Genessee & Wyoming Railroad
- Growth and Yield (forestry)
- Google Plus
- Gruner und Jahr (German Publishing House)
- Granulosa plus Theca
- Group of 10
- Group of 11
- Group of 17 Independent Economists (Serbia and Montenegro)
- Group of 19
- Army or Marine Corps Component Intelligence Staff Officer (Army division or higher staff, Marine Corps brigade or higher staff; US DoD)
- Group of 2
Samples in periodicals archive:
3 adds support for the GNU C++ compiler on Windows (MinGW gcc).
Tiemann is the original author of the GNU C++ compiler and a major contributor to many early GNU Open Source projects, including GCC and GDB.