ARTICLE INFO Keywords: 3[beta]-Taraxerol Insulin resistant model Dexamethasone induced insulin resistance GLUT4 PI3K ABSTRACT Aim: The present study investigates the efficacy of Mangifera indica ethyl acetate extract (MIEE) and its bioactive compound, 313-taraxerol in the reversal of dexamethasone (DEX) induced insulin resistance in 3[beta]-adipocytes.
What does GEFDB stand for?
GEFDB stands for GLUT4 (Glucose Transporter) Enhancer Factor DNA Binding Domain
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Glenview Evangelical Free Church (Illinois)
- Grace Evangelical Free Church
- Greystone Equipment Finance Corporation (Dallas, TX)
- Greater Elgin Family Care Center (Illinois)
- Griqualand Exploration and Finance Company Ltd. (South Africa)
- General Electric Fuel Cell Systems
- General Electric Federal Credit Union (Rome, GA)
- Government Employees Federal Credit Union
- Geophysical and Environmental Fluid Dynamics (University of Cambridge; UK)
- Glen Echo Fire Department (Glen Echo, MD)
- Geheime Feldpolizei (Secret Military Police in Nazi Germany)
- Good Enough for Government Work
- European Chemical Industry Council
- Groupement des Entreprises Fournisseurs de l'Industrie de la Cimenterie (French: Group of Suppliers to the Cement Industry)
- German Facility Management Association
- General Electric Financial Network
- Good Enough for Now
- General Electric Follow-On
- General Federation of Nepalese Trade Unions (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- General Electronic Facsimile Optimized for Repair and Ceaseless Exploration
Samples in periodicals archive:
2004) Strength training increases insulin-mediated glucose uptake, GLUT4 content, and insulin signaling in skeletal muscle in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Kahn generated mice with genetic alterations in the amount of GLUT4 in fat cells, seeking clues to the link between obesity and diabetes.
Insulin and IGF-I increased the mRNA levels of GLUT4 in myoblasts and myotubes of a primary culture of trout muscle cells.
A lot of previous studies have proved that the main glucose transporter in muscle from mammals was GLUT4 (Seki et al.
PI3K activation is crucial for metabolic actions, such as GLUT4 translocation, glucose transport, glycogen synthesis and protein synthesis, however the downstream signaling proteins of PI3K pathway is still not clear, probably it activates Akt and atypical PKC isoforms [lambda] and [zeta].
The more GLUT4 you have, the better your cells respond to insulin.
These fibers are a rich source of GLUT4 receptors in the body.