The ingredient BluCetin-DHM, which is derived from Hovenia dulcis (oriental raisin tree), can be used as a hangover remedy as a result of the discovery of dihydromyricetin (DHM), a unique natural molecule that targets the GABAA receptor in the brain and has been seen to reduce the negative effects of drinking in excess.
What does GRSC stand for?
GRSC stands for GABAA (Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid-A) Receptor Supramolecular Complex
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GRSC
We have 6 other meanings of GRSC in our Acronym Attic
- General Radioquimica SA
- General Railway Signal Company de Argentina
- General Rate Schedule Adjustment (Colorado)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Greater Richmond Sailing Association (est. 1975; Richmond, VA)
- Greyhound Racing South Australia (est. 1972; Australia)
- Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (various locations)
- Grand Rapids State Bank (Grand Rapids, MN)
- Grand Rapids Symphonic Bands (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Grand Rapids School of the Bible and Music (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Global Resource Systems Corporation (Florida)
- Graduate of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK)
- Grand River Sailing Club (Grand River, OH)
- Gravel, Silt and Clay (lithological term)
- Grievance Redress and Settlement Committee
- Grand Rapids Sister Cities International
- Gateway Regional School District (Huntington, MA)
- Growth Rate Standard Deviation Score
- Gabonese Research and Scientific Discussion Group (Zambia)
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Valerian extracts allosterically modulate GABAA receptors, an action related to valerenic acid, which is one of the active compounds determined from pharmacological studies.
These data may reflect differences in the number of GABAA receptors, the sensitivity of those channels to benzodiazepine activation, the subunit composition of at least some GABAA channels, or some combination of those differences in male versus female birds.
The protective action of PS was not affected by inhibition of protein synthesis or by blockade of glucocorticoid receptors, GABAA receptors or sigma-receptors.
It has been suggested that a decrease in the inhibitory tone of GABAA on GnRH neurons causes LH to surge (22).
Future studies may determine whether specific antagonists of the GABAC receptor result in a greater level of wakefulness than GABAA or GABAB antagonist drugs.
Topiramate also augments the activity of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyrate (GAGA) at some subtypes of the GABAA receptor.
Evotec's portfolio comprises five clinical compounds: EVT 101, a subtype selective NMDA receptor antagonist for the treatment of depression in partnership with Roche, EVT 201, a partial positive allosteric modulator (pPAM) of the GABAA receptor complex for the treatment of insomnia, EVT 302, a MAO-B inhibitor in development for smoking cessation, a P2X7 antagonist for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and a vanilloid receptor (VR1) antagonist for the treatment of pain in partnership with Pfizer.