The Futures Trading Practices Act of 1992 gave the CFTC authority to exempt OTC derivatives from most provisions of the act.
What does FTPA stand for?
FTPA stands for Futures Trading Practices Act of 1992
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FTPA
We have 11 other meanings of FTPA in our Acronym Attic
- Functional Transfer Plan
- Funds Transfer Pricing
- Funk the Police (band)
- Future Tours Program (cricket)
- Fair and Transparent Arbitration (international debt dispute resolution)
- Family Therapy Practice Academy
- Field Task Proposal/Agreement
- Fixed-Term Parliaments Act (UK)
- Fleet Training Performance Assessment
- Franklin Templeton Portfolio Advisors (various locations)
- Flying Training Programming & Accounting System
- Foucher Travaux Publics et Bâtiments (French public works company)
- French Technology Press Bureau (London press bureau of UBIFRANCE)
- Failed to Put Brain In (serial killer Dr. Harold F Shipman code)
- Faculty Tenure and Promotion Committee (various institutions)
- Fensch TP Construction (French construction company)
- Filinvest Technology Park Calamba (Philippines)
- Final Test of Professional Competence (UK)
- First Thai Presbyterian Church (Covina, CA)
- Fitness to Practise Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the United States, before the passage of the Futures Trading Practices Act of 1992 and subsequent regulatory action by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the exchange-trading restriction of the Commodity Exchange Act had raised serious concerns about the legal enforceability of many OTC derivatives contracts.