This qualification is said to validate Aircell's satcom equipment and ensures that it meets all the performance requirements for operations in a Future Air Navigation System (FANS) environment.
What does FANS stand for?
FANS stands for Future Air Navigation System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FANS
We have 35 other meanings of FANS in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Adaptive Neural Regression Estimator
- Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Program (US Department of Agriculture)
- Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (South Africa)
- Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Report (USDA)
- Farmaci Antiinfiammatori Non Steroidei (Italian: non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug)
- Fencing Association of Nova Scotia
- Food and Nutritional Services (school districts)
- Foreign Affairs and National Security (Canada)
- Forever Accepting N9ne's Soul (Tech N9ne song)
- Foundation for Amity and National Solidarity
- Food and Nutrition Science Alliance
- Federation of Australian Narrowcasting and Subscription Services (radio)
- Forces Armées Nationales Tchadiennes (French: Chadian National Armed Forces)
- Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance
- Feature Animation, Network Television And Syndication Integrated Accounting
- Future Air Navigation and Traffic Avoidance Solution Through Integrated CNS
- Functional Annotation of the Mammalian Genome (research consortium)
- Fundamental and Applied Nuclear and Atomic Physics
- Fuji Automatic Numerical Controls (Japan)
- Findlay Area .NET Users Group (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This authorisation marks the completion of the FAA evaluation process for aircraft flying in airspace under its jurisdiction to use Future Air Navigation System (FANS) 1/A over Iridium (FOI) to meet communications requirements for air traffic control.
During the demonstration Future Air Navigation System (FANS) messages were transmitted over ARNIC's operational VHF Digital Link Mode 2 (VDL Mode 2) network between simulated ATC operations in Harris' Washington facility and the cockpit of a Gulfstream aircraft in the South-Eastern US.
O'Keeffe is currently managing director of FANS PLANS P/L where he provides advice on the planning and implementation of the new CNS/ATM System as developed by the Future Air Navigation Systems (FANS) Committee of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).