2 million to the University of Rochester to support its Fusion Science Center for Extreme States of Matter for another five years.
What does FSC stand for?
FSC stands for Fusion Science Center
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FSC
We have 447 other meanings of FSC in our Acronym Attic
- Fuel System Controller
- Fuels Service Center (US Air Force)
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers (Europe)
- Fujitsu Software Corporation (Fujitsu Limited)
- Full Service Carrier (airlines)
- Full Service Contracting
- Full Service Contractor
- Full Systems Capability
- Fully Self Contained (classroom)
- Functional System Concept
- Future Surface Combatant
- Fiber-Switch Capable Label Switched Router
- Fiber Switch Capable Optical Cross-Connect
- Foreign Sales Corporation and Extraterritorial Income Exclusion
- Finance/Administration Section Chief Type 1 (US FEMA)
- Fibrous Sheath Component 2
- Finance/Administration Section Chief Type 2 (US FEMA)
- Fire Support Command and Control (US DoD)
- Fire Support Command and Control System
- Fire Support Command, Control, and Communications/Coordination
Samples in periodicals archive:
A professor at the University of Rochester and director of the Fusion Science Center for Extreme States of Matter, Betti has devised new ignition concepts and theoretical models for inertial fusion implosions and scaling laws for ignition.
Thio will also assume responsibility for the one (of two) basic fusion science center that does HEDP related work--the Center for Extreme States of Matter and Fast Ignition Physics led by the University of Rochester.