There should be a switch on the fuse board in the flat but again a second switch in the communal areas can save a disaster if your neighbours cannot get into your flat.
What does FB stand for?
FB stands for Fuse Board
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FB
We have 43 other meanings of FB in our Acronym Attic
- Full Bath
- Full Board (hospitality industry)
- Full Bridge
- Fully Built (rebuild engine with aftermarket parts, generally high power output)
- Fun Buddy (polite form)
- Funbots (QuakeNet gaming)
- Furnace Brazing
- Furukawa Battery Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Fuse Block
- Fusebox (web application framework)
- Ford Bacon & Davis Inc
- Fengbao 1 (Storm-1; Chinese 2-stage launch vehicle)
- Full-Band Low-Noise Amplifier
- Feature Based - Lexical Tree Associate Grammar
- Filter-Bank-Based Multi-Carrier (transmission)
- Fringe Benefit/Employee Business Expense (taxes)
- First Battle: Battalion Corps
- Fumonisin B2 (mycotoxin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A spokeswoman for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service said: "A fuse board in the ground-floor hallway was completely destroyed by fire.
And following several days of surveillance, officers yesterday raided the house to discover almost 700 illegal plants, more than 100 heat lamps, lighting equipment, an extensive ventilation system and 20 additional fuse boards.
Mr Rogers said: "It transpires that the thieves went to the fuse board and ripped out the fuses, cutting the power so they could remove the cable.
We also repressurised the boiler and changed the fuse board, but it was a long way to go for a simple job.
The fire was located by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus in the basement of the house and involved the fuse board.
He said: "I told Mr Donohoe his fuse board was dangerous and there was no point in continuing as it would need replaced.