The warning comes from the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) and in the wake of evidence from Birmingham City Council showing that a quarter of schoolchildren in Birmingham are now over weight and 12.
What does FIRA stand for?
FIRA stands for Furniture Industry Research Association (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FIRA
We have 19 other meanings of FIRA in our Acronym Attic
- Fairness and Independence in Redistricting Act
- Federation International de Rugby Amateur
- Federation of International Robot-soccer Association
- Fideicomisos Instituidos En Relacion Con La Agricultura (Spanish: Trust Funds for Rural Development; Mexico)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Financial Institutions Regulatory and Interest Rate Control Act of 1978
- Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2004
- Florida Intercollegiate Rowing Association
- Fonds d'Investissement pour la Relève Agricole (French: Investment Fund for Agricultural Succession; Canada)
- Foreign Investment Review Agency (Canada)
- Fédération Internationale de Rugby Amateur - Association Européenne de Rugby (French: International Amateur Rugby Federation - European Rugby Association)
- Factory Inspectorate Research Advisory Committee (United Kingdom)
- facts, issue, rule, analysis, conclusion
- Facts, Issue, Rule, Argument and Conclusion
- Federation International Radio Amateurs Cheminots
- Federation Internationale des Radio Amateurs Cheminots (French: International Federation of Railway Radio Amateurs)
- Fire-Accident Analysis Code
- Fishing Industry Research Advisory Committee
- Furniture & Interior Renovations Advisory Committee (Singapore)
- Financial Institutions Regulatory Agencies Criminal Referral and Enforcement System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) study has led to new EU guidelines and all new fittings are set to add up to an inch to tables and chairs.