Nov 29, 2010 Damascus, (SANA) -- The Japanese government on Monday offered a grant of $52000 to the Fund for Integrated Rural Development of Syria (FIRDOS), one of the projects of the Syrian Development Trust, to support the project of the mobile library in the towns of Idleb province.
What does FIRDOS stand for?
FIRDOS stands for Fund for Integrated Rural Development of Syria
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Fogarty International Research Collaboration Award
- Fédération Inter Régionale de Caisse à Savon (French: Inter Regional Soap Box Federation)
- Fellow of the International Register of Consultant Herbalists and Homoeopaths
- Fideicomiso de Riesgo Compartido (Spanish: Shared Risk Trust; Mexican Secretariat of Agriculture)
- Flores Institute for Resources Development (Sunda Islands; Indonesia)
- Forum for International Relations Development (UK)
- Flight Information Royal Dutch Airlines (Netherlands)
- Frontal Intermittent Rhythmic Delta Activity
- Finite Impulse Response Digital to Analog Converter
- Food Industry Research and Development Institute (Taiwan)
- Final Interface Requirements and Design Review
- Factor Information REtrieval (US EPA system)
- Families Ignited for Revival & Evangelism
- Fast Imaging Ranicon Experiment
- Febrile Infection-Related Epilepsy Syndrome (disease)
- Fédération Île-de-France de Recherche sur l'Environnement (French environment research federation)
- Feed Intake Recording System
- Filing Information Returns Electronically
- Finance, Insurance and Real Estate (banks, credit agencies, investment companies, brokers and dealers of securities and commodities, security and commodity exchanges, insurance agents, buyers, sellers, lessors, lessees, etc.)
- Financial Independence Retire Early
Samples in periodicals archive:
In her official role, Syria's first lady is active in economic development projects -- particularly rural development -- and is credited with founding the country's first NGO dedicated to rural development, The Fund for Integrated Rural Development of Syria.
The Trust major projects are the Fund for Integrated Rural Development of Syria (FIRDOS), SHABAB, Massar, Massar-e, and the more recently-established Culture & Heritage Division.