Modern food biotechnology is now a billion-dollar industry, producing functional foods and nutraceuticals that offer a whole host of increased health benefits, including prevention against illness and chronic and degenerative conditions.
What does FFAN stand for?
FFAN stands for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals (University of Guelph, Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFAN
We have 3 other meanings of FFAN in our Acronym Attic
- Fédération Française des Associations de Médecins Coordinnateurs (French: French Federation of Medical Associations Coordinators)
- Falkirk Film and Music Emporium
- Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution
- Fédération Française des Associations de Malades de l'Hémochromatose (French: French Federation of Hemochromatosis Patient Associations)
- Fédération Française des Arts Martiaux Historiques Européens (French: French Federation of Historical European Martial Arts)
- Federal Financial Assistance Management Improvement Act
- Fédération Française Amateur de Minéralogie et Paléontologie (French: Amateur French Federation of Mineralogy and Paleontology)
- Feed Forward Amplifier
- Fédération Française des Associations Numismatiques (French: French Federation of Numismatic Associations)
- Freight Forwarders Association of Nepal (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Frozen Food Association of New England (Arlington, MA)
- Feed-Forward Artificial Neural Network
- Fashion Footwear Association of New York
- Fédération Française des Amateurs d'Orchidées (French: French Federation of Orchid Amateurs)
- Fédération Francophone des Amis de l'Orgue (French: Francophone Federation of Friends of the Organ; pipe organ appreciation society; est. 1983)
- Fire Fighters Association of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
- Futsal Federation of Australia and Oceania (sports)
- Fédération Française des Agences de Presse (France)
- Fédération Française des Apiiculteurs Professionnels (French: French Federation of Beekeeper Professionals)
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Hardcover Functional foods and nutraceuticals series; no.
The goal of the University of Manitoba's Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals is to foster strong collaboration and synergy among researchers from several faculties (agricultural and food sciences, human ecology, medicine and pharmacy) and other research organizations in Winnipeg (Cereal Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada [AAFC]; Grain Research Laboratory; Institute for Biodiagnostics and the National Centre for Agri-Food Research in Medicine) and elsewhere (e.