Once the equipment has been identified for the failure modes and effect analysis, the key stakeholders perform the analysis by developing a functional block diagram of the equipment, determining the function of each component within the block diagram, and then determining predominant failure modes that have not been addressed by an effective control strategy.
What does FBD stand for?
FBD stands for Functional Block Diagram(s)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of FBD
We have 45 other meanings of FBD in our Acronym Attic
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Fluid(ized) Bed Dryer
- Food Bank of Delaware (Newark, DE)
- Food-Borne Disease
- Ford, Bacon & Davis (Monroe, LA)
- Forestry and Beekeeping Division (Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism; Tanzania)
- Free Body Diagram
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (law firm; various locations)
- Fully Buffered DIMM (memory)
- Function Block Diagram
- Fundación Boliviana para el Desarrollo
- Future Baby Daddy
- Future Business Design
- Facebook Display of Affection
- Federação Baiana de Desportos Aquáticos (Portuguese: Bahia Federation of Aquatic Sports; Brazil)
- Fédération de Bozendo et Disciplines Associées (French martial arts)
- Fort Bend Dental Associates (Pennsylvania)
- France Bleu Drôme Ardèche (French vacation site)
- Federal Business Development Bank (now Business Development Bank of Canada)
- Fort Bonifacio Development Corporation (Phillipines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Functional Block Diagrams and Automated Construction of Event Trees.
Changes made during this phase to the functional block diagram are immediately reflected in the physical layout and thermal representation.
Highlights include automatic Manhattan distance calculation and constraint management; display of interconnects that are styled according to signal speed and quantity; support of IDF-defined placement keep-out regions; annotation auto-sizing; automatic creation of physical layout, thermal model from the functional block diagram and 3D airflow and temperature prediction for both sides of the board.