The gene behind the syndrome is called FH because it produces fumarate hydratase, an enzyme that's important for breaking down glucose to produce energy.
What does FH stand for?
FH stands for Fumarate Hydratase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FH
We have 33 other meanings of FH in our Acronym Attic
- French Hardness (degrees of water hardness in France, Switzerland, Italy)
- French Havana (rabbit breed)
- French Horn
- Frequency Hopping
- Friday Harbor (Washington)
- Fronthaul (shipping)
- Full Health (gaming)
- Full House
- Full-Hole Tool Joint (oil exploration)
- Fulton Hogan (New Zealand trucking company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A team of British and Finnish researchers discovered that individuals with multiple fibroids of the uterus and skin were born with mutations in the fumarate hydratase (FH) gene.
If both parents pass on a mutated copy of the fumarate hydratase gene, the results are disastrous.