The prices of budget carriers on many occasions are even more than full service carriers like Air India or Jet Airways.
What does FSC stand for?
FSC stands for Full Service Carrier (airlines)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FSC
We have 447 other meanings of FSC in our Acronym Attic
- Friendly Situation Capability
- Friendly Situation Component
- Friendly Societies Commission (UK)
- Frisco (Amtrak station code; Frisco, CO)
- Fuel Sulfur Content
- Fuel Surcharge
- Fuel System Controller
- Fuels Service Center (US Air Force)
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers (Europe)
- Fujitsu Software Corporation (Fujitsu Limited)
- Full Service Contracting
- Full Service Contractor
- Full Systems Capability
- Fully Self Contained (classroom)
- Functional System Concept
- Fusion Science Center
- Future Surface Combatant
- Fiber-Switch Capable Label Switched Router
- Fiber Switch Capable Optical Cross-Connect
- Foreign Sales Corporation and Extraterritorial Income Exclusion
Samples in periodicals archive:
RAK Airways CEO Omar Jahameh said: "With the introduction of our first long-haul route to Bangkok, RAK Airways has cemented its unique market position between the well-established full service carriers and the low-cost carriers.
RAK Airways has cemented its unique market position between the well-established full service carriers and the low-cost carriers," CEO Omar Jahameh said.
The best option could be a combination of a full service carrier and a low cost carrier.
A global study of 540 airlines found that out of 123 self-nominated LCCs, 59 per cent had added enough complexity to their business model in recent years that they had now evolved into a full service airline (7 per cent) or were part of an emerging breed of C[pounds sterling]hybridC[yen] carriers, which blend low cost carrier traits with that of full service carriers (52 per cent).
Currently, air cargo within India is carried primarily by full service carriers Jet Airways, state-run Indian and express delivery firm Blue Dart Express.
O'Leary also hit out at fuel surcharges imposed by many full service carriers and claimed that increasing the price difference between low-cost and full service carriers only helps Ryanair.