Although full duplex will not be used during all transfers, it can double the useable bandwidth of the link rate.
What does FDX stand for?
FDX stands for Full Duplex
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FDX
We have 3 other meanings of FDX in our Acronym Attic
- Foreign Disease-Weed Science Research Unit (US Department of Agriculture; also seen as FDWSRU)
- Foreign Disease-Weed Science Research Unit (US Department of Agriculture; also seen as FDWSR)
- Forum for Drinking Water Supply and Sanitation
- Fire Danger Working Team
- Fused Dichotic Words Test
- First Data/Western Union Foundation (Colorado)
- Federal Express Corporation (stock symbol)
- Fetch-Decode-Execute Cycle (computer processing)
- Field Duty Extreme (hunting knife)
- Flyball Dog Excellent (dog team sport)
- Full Duplex transmission
- Full Duplex Teletype
- Findlay, Ohio (Airport Code)
- Fully Drawn Yarn (textiles; aka FOY, Fully Oriented Yarn)
- Flint District Youth Council
- Florida District Young Religious Unitarian Universalists
- Director, Force Development, US Army G8
- Forenede Danske Zoneterapeuter (Danish: Danish Reflexologists’ Association)
- Facilities Engineer
Samples in periodicals archive:
These new RS-485/422 transceivers are full duplex, configured for four-wire RS-485 networks, which allows simultaneous transmit and receive capability, or for RS-422 networks where only one driver is allowed on a bus.
This capability, called full duplex communication, can be used to make Fibre Channel more efficient than traditional buses and vendors are delivering products with some degree of full duplex support.
Using media converters in a 100BaseTX to 100BaseFX back-to-back configuration provides a single method of extending the distance between a full duplex switch and a fileserver up to 2,000 meters.