Fuel-air explosive devices were first used operationally in Vietnam in 1969.
What does FAX stand for?
FAX stands for Fuel-Air Explosive
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAX
We have 4 other meanings of FAX in our Acronym Attic
- Football Association of Wales Trust (UK)
- Find A Way to Say Yes
- Fleet All Weather Training Unit (US Navy)
- Fleet All Weather Training Unit Pacific
- Food and Allied Workers' Union (South Africa)
- Fellowship of Australian Writers, Western Australia
- Fax (File Name Extension)
- Fly Asian Express
- Fresno Area Express (Fresno, California, bus system)
- Fusion Arts Exchange (Northeastern University; music study abroad program)
- Fixed Add Cross-Connect Card
- Facsimile Transmission over AUTODIN
- Failure Analysis Expert System
- Fayetteville (Amtrak station code; Fayetteville, NC)
- Fayetteville, NC, USA - Fayetteville Municipal (Airport Code)
- Federación Argentina de Yachting
- Federal Award Year (various locations)
- Fleet Activities Yokosukas (US Navy)
- For All of You
Samples in periodicals archive:
But dropping fuel-air explosives and cluster bombs on starving conscripts is a miserable way to alleviate human suffering.
In other words, if a thermobaric weapon can be considered a part of the fuel-air explosive family, the contrary is not necessarily true.
The Pentagon revealed in January that it was rushing 10 thermobaric bombs - or fuel-air explosives - to Afghanistan after successful tests in the Nevada desert.
Thermobaric warheads were developed from experience gained with the so-called fuel-air explosives.