Specifically, UniPixel will demonstrate its TMOS displays using Frustrated Total Internal Reflection (FTIR) as the means for transmitting light to the display viewer leveraging a polymer Micro-Electronic Mechanic System (MEMS) implementation -- a unique approach to building displays that the company has pioneered.
What does FTIR stand for?
FTIR stands for Frustrated Total Internal Reflection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FTIR
We have 5 other meanings of FTIR in our Acronym Attic
- Federal Transportation Improvement Program
- Federation of Tourism Industries of the Philippines
- Firearm Transfer Inquiry Program (Illinois)
- Flight Test Interface Panel
- Foreign Terminal Instrument Procedures (US FAA)
- Foreign Trade Institute of Pakistan
- Force-Time Integral Per Pulse
- Fourier Transform Infrared (spectroscopy)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Radiation
- Fourier Transform Infrared Radiometer
- Fourier Transform Infrared - Attenuated Total Reflectance
- Fourier Transform Infrared Microscopic Analysis
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Fair Trade International Symposium
- Final Traffic Impact Study
- Flight Test Instrumentation System
- Fort Thomas Independent Schools (Kentucky)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer
- Franklin Templeton Investor Services, LLC (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Fuel Tank Inerting System (aerospace)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now, re-searchers at NIST have utilized the optical phenomena of frustrated total internal reflection to directly visualize the behavior of fluoropolymer additives when added to polyethylene.
The switching technology uses Frustrated Total Internal Reflection (FTIR) to achieve rapid switching times and high reliability levels.