A classic example of a futile cycle would involve the reactions of fructose-6-phosphate in glycolysis and gluconeogenesis.
What does F6P stand for?
F6P stands for Fructose-6-Phosphate
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Fast for Sharepoint (Microsoft)
- Food for Thought
- Figure Four Weekly (website)
- Freedom 4 Wireless, Inc. (Lake Mary, FL)
- Fokker 50 (airliner; Netherlands)
- Fortune 500
- Ferulate 5-Hydroxylase
- Coupling Factor 6
- Form 6
- Grumman Hellcat Fighter (WWII)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ABSTRACT : Fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBP1) is a key regulatory enzyme of gluconeogenesis that catalyzes the hydrolysis of fructose-1,6-bisphosphate to generate fructose-6-phosphate and inorganic phosphate.