The Alberta economy is not the reason I put in my VR, but rather this base, the location, the cost of living, and because of how the CF is treating us at the front line units.
What does FLU stand for?
FLU stands for Front Line Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FLU
We have 13 other meanings of FLU in our Acronym Attic
- Frequency Linear Tuning Varactor
- Frequency Linear Tuning Varistor
- Flight Watch Outlet
- Fault Location Unit
- Fiat Lancia Unlimited (automobile club)
- Financial Litigation Unit (US Department of Justice)
- Fleet Life Expenditure
- Flute (music scores)
- Forced Labour Unit (gaming, Master of Orion 3)
- Forestry and Land Use (various organizations)
- Free Labour Union of China (est. 1992)
- Florida Land Use and Cover Classification System (Florida Department of Transportation and Water Management Districts)
- Framework for Logging Usability Data
- Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device (Super Mario Sunshine)
- Future Land Use Element
- Fat Little Ugly Fellow (polite form)
- Funny Little Ugly Fat Fellow (slang)
- Ferrara Linux User Group (online forum)
- Finnish Linux User Group (Linux support; Finland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kevin Baron of Stars & Stripes reported on August 31, 2009, that those who received unfavorable ratings were denied access to front line units as embedded reporters.
A critical component to maintain morale is adequate staffing in our front line units of patrol and service division," the chief said.
Gardai claim that the new auxiliaries will have the same appearance as front line units.
He was with the Northumberland Fusiliers and volunteered to join a front line unit trying to break through enemy lines, knowing they faced almost certain death.
The plant has been operating ceaselessly, and military and industry officials make sure to note that the front line units are not suffering shortages.
Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon announced plans to bring the regiments together as the 1st Battalion The Royal Welsh (The Royal Welch Fusiliers) and the 2nd Battalion The Royal Welsh (The Royal Regiment of Wales), as part of a widely-trailed re-organisation of front line units.
The defence ministry said front line units will be spared.