Their view is summed up by the famous image of movie star Charlton Heston, once president of the NRA, declaring: "If you want to take my gun away, you'll have to take it from my cold dead hands.
What does FMCDH stand for?
FMCDH stands for From My Cold Dead Hands
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Force Movement Control Center
- Ford Motor Credit Company
- Fort Myers Country Club (Florida)
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- Future Monitored Command Code (US DoD)
- Friends of the Montgomery County Conservation Corps (Maryland)
- Foundation of Monroe County Community Schools (Bloomington, IN)
- Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain (French: World Circus Festival of Tomorrow)
- Fix My Computer Dude
- French Modern Country Dance Club (France)
- Fast Multimedia Courseware Development System
- Flight Management Computer Display Unit
- Fast Moving Consumer Electronics Exchange (Germany)
- Federation of Monroe County Environmentalists (New York)
- Fonds de Modernisation Céréaliers-Éleveurs (French: Grain and Livestock Modernization Fund)
- Force and Motion Conceptual Evaluation
- Ford Mustang Club Estonia
- Failure Mode Cause & Effect Analysis
- Federation of Manufacturers of Construction Equipment and Cranes
- Financial Management Control Executive Steering Committee (formerly the SCMC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gone were the days he led the fight against government bids to limit gun ownership in true movie fashion - holding a musket above his head as news cameras rolled and declaring: "If you want to take my gun away, you'll have to take it from my cold dead hands.
from my cold dead hands, but I say that the second and third cancel out the first.