Volunteer opportunities include Friends of the Library Book Sales and other events; the Children's Summer Reading program; drop-in volunteering (when available); and shelving assistance.
What does FOL stand for?
FOL stands for Friends of the Library
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FOL
We have 55 other meanings of FOL in our Acronym Attic
- Fortress of Louisbourg (Canada)
- Forward Operating Location
- Found On Linoleum (EMT slang; as in LOL FOL - Little Old Lady Found On Linoleum)
- Foundations of Literature
- Free on Loan
- Frente Obrero Liberashon (Dutch: Workers' Liberation Front, Netherlands Antilles)
- Friends of Laphroaig
- Friends of LIVE (band)
- Friends of Lizzy (band)
- Friends of Lois (support group)
- Frowning Out Loud
- Fruit of the Loom (clothing)
- Full of Life
- Full Overlap
- Fördergemeinschaft Ökologischer Landbau (German association to promote organic agriculture)
- Faculty of Liberal Arts
- Federacion Odontologica Latinoamericana (Spanish, dental association)
- Festival of Light and Art (New Zealand)
- Focus on Latin America (Valparaiso University; Indiana)
- Fort Laramie National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Remaining funds will come from Grappenhall Parish Council and the Big Lottery Fund, together with funds from friends of the library.
The UNC Friends of the Library sponsored the opening reception, and members of the UNC Library staff hosted the annual meeting of the Southeast Chapter of MLA (20-22 October 2011).
So, whether the building is listed or not, Friends of the Library will go on trying to save it.
Prior to the establishment of the foundation, individual Friends of the Library groups, affiliated with most branches, were the nonprofit arms that provided much of the non-tax funding.
And in Santa Cruz County, California, members of the Friends of the Library group are looking into privatization as a possible alternative to the threatened closure of the county's public- library system.
Most people who would give us this kind of enormous gift would be interested in the research library," explains Susan Linder, assistant coordinator for services to the Friends of the Library.