The conception of the workshop is modelled on the tradition of Jiri Stivin's recorder class at the Meeting of Friends of Chamber Music in Bechyne (1977-1987) and the Summer School of Early Music in Prachatice (1994-2009), when Jan Kvapil was the main organiser as one of the leaders of the Association for Czech Music and Art.
What does FOCM stand for?
FOCM stands for Friends of Chamber Music (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FOCM
We have 4 other meanings of FOCM in our Acronym Attic
- Friends of Crescent Lake (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Foundations of Coordination Languages and Software Architectures
- Fellowship of Christian Librarians and Information Specialists
- Falling Off Chair Laughing My Ass Off
- Friends Of Crater Lake National Park (Oregon)
- Falling Off Chair, Laughing Out Loud
- Fiber Optic Cable Marker (cable identifing marker)
- Foundations of Card Magic
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics
- Free Officers and Civilians Movement (Iraq)
- Friends of Chris Matheus
- Friends of the Classic Malts (malt whiskey enthusiasts)
- Fundamentals of Classroom Management (reference card)
- Feline Oncornavirus-Associated Cell Membrane Antigen
- Families of Color Network (est. 1999; Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- Fiber Optic Communication Network
- Fiber Optic Compact Node
- Fiat Owners Club New Zealand (automobile club; New Zealand)
- Federation of Community Organizations (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Federation of Consumer Organisations (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Before coming to work for Schmitt Music, I was on the staff of The Friends of Chamber Music in Kansas City, which presents a renowned piano recital series.
While in Canada, Dodson also was founder and managing director of the Chamber Music Institute, Friends of Chamber Music, Inc.