And Sir Philip, who teaches marine biology part-time at the University of Aberystwyth and is also chairman of local conservation group Friends of Cardigan Bay, paid tribute to the Knights of Middle England for giving Wales its own knight in shining armour.
What does FOCB stand for?
FOCB stands for Friends of Cardigan Bay (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FOCB
We have 11 other meanings of FOCB in our Acronym Attic
- Formación de Capital en Areas Secundarias (Galician: Capital Investment in Secondary Areas; Bolivia)
- Forward Crash Avoidance Systems
- Foundation of Compassionate American Samaritans (Haiti)
- Friends of Cumbria Archives (UK)
- For Our Children and Theirs, Inc (Potomac, MD)
- Faculty of Commerce and Business (St. John's University; Tanzania)
- Federal Oil Conservation Board
- Fellowship of Christian Bloggers
- Fish or Cut Bait (colloquial expression)
- Friends of Canadian Broadcasting
- Friends of Casco Bay (Maine)
- Friends of Crystal Beach (Ontario, Canada)
- Friend of the Court Bureau Advisory Committee (Michigan)
- Foundations of Component Based Systems
- Fiber Optics Coordinating Committee
- Flax Oil Cottage Cheese
- Flight Operations Control Center
- Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center (Stuart, FL)
- Forward Control Channel (Cellular Term)
- Forward Observer Command and Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study - led by masters student Sarah Lister - was supervised by university lecturer Dr Jo Porter and chairman of Friends of Cardigan Bay Phil Hughes.
They include the Friends of Cardigan Bay, the Wildlife Trust, the Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre and the Sea Watch Foundation, who are all involved with the volunteer Dolphin Watch, which has monitored the interaction between people and dolphins for more than 12 years.