The installation of the pipe is part of a pounds 90m investment in Kirklees to meet the Freshwater Fish Directive, which aims to return waterways to their cleanest since pre-industrial times.
What does FFD stand for?
FFD stands for Freshwater Fish Directive (EU)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FFD
We have 75 other meanings of FFD in our Acronym Attic
- Form Format Definition
- Forward Flank Downdraft (weather)
- Forward Flight Deck
- Foundation Feature Data
- Fourier Finite-Difference
- Fraction of Failures Detected
- Fraction of Faults Detected
- Fractional Factorial Design
- Francois Frossard Design (Florida)
- Free Form Deformation (computer animation)
- Fridge Freezer Direct Ltd. (UK)
- Front des Forces Démocratiques (French: Front of Democratic Forces, Morocco)
- Fuel Fluorescence Detector
- Full Field Development
- Full Function Device (router)
- Fully Flocked Decoy (target practice tool)
- Functional Flow Diagram
- Funnel Floor Drain (plumbing)
- Fact-Finding Documentation and Advocacy (est. 1995; India)
- Families for Depression Awareness (Waltham, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scheme is part of a wider pounds 90 million investment in Kirklees to meet the requirements of the Freshwater Fish Directive - to help improve the quality of water in the rivers Spen and Calder to a standard not seen since before the Industrial Revolution.
Of course we should acknowledge the driving force of the European Union's freshwater fish directive aimed at protecting and improving water to support fish and river life.